The IberCup is currently one of the most important World Youth Football Tournaments in the Planet. Since the first edition, more than 80 countries have already been represented in our tournaments. Every year about 40 000 players participate in the various IberCup tournaments for a week of competition, fantastic experiences and extraordinary opportunities to compete with some of the TOP teams in the world. The amazing weather at this time of the year makes the IberCup much more than a football tournament... through football creates the possibility to meetings both outside and on the field with participants from all over the world, being currently one of the most international youth football tournaments throughout the World.
The IberCup is held in different locations: USA, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Denmark and Japan.
Every year, IberCup´s Tournaments have the participation of more than 1800 teams from 80 countries. Famous teams like FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Manchester City, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, O. Lyon, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, FC Porto, SL Benfica, Sporting Clube de Portugal, FC Zenit, Valencia CF, Sevilla FC, Real Betis, Malaga CF, Espanyol Barcelona, Deportivo la Coruña, Chivas Guadalajara, Paris St Germain, CR Vasco da Gama and Olympique Marseille, already participated in previous editions. The participants are between 9 and 18 years old boys and girls, distributed in different age categories.
IberCup will be played following FIFA’s football rules. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before the deadline for registrations, registrations will close before the scheduled date. After you submit your application which will be evaluated by our organization, we will decide if your application is accepted. Team`s participation only is assured after all payments confirmed. Note that in previous editions the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter.
Who May Participate:
All clubs, which are members of their FIFA affiliated national associations, are welcome to participate in the IberCup. The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association.
Number of Teams in the Tournament:
It is our goal that all teams that wish to take part in the IberCup should be able to do so. But please note that during last couple years the tournament has not been able to accept all teams that wished to enter. The teams paying their entry fees first will be given priority. The team is officially registered only after this first entry payment. Additionally, most of the hotels will be fully booked before November, so don’t take too long to make your decision, accommodation options close early. A club can register automatically a maximum of two (2) teams per category (more than two must be approved by the organization).
The tournament begins with group play. The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. Classiﬁcation/standings will be determined according to points. A victory is 3 points; Draw 1 point; Defeat 0 points. The two best teams in each group will advance to Playoff A. The other teams in the group will play the Playoff B or consolation playoff. The playoff matches are played by direct elimination and in case of draw will be decided by penalties according to FIFA’s regulations. All players must be insured, both for games and leisure time. Arrival for all teams is at least 1 day before the tournament first match.
Hotel Accommodation: 14th to 20th January. Half board (breakfast and dinner). Breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Arrival with dinner included, departure with breakfast included. The IberCard and accommodation fee is included in the cost.
Without Accommodation: Only for local teams (until 60 kilometers from the competition centers). All participants in this category need to pay a participant fee that includes the IberCard. There is a limited number of teams accepted in this category.
- March 1: Online registration form for next year’s tournament opens. When we receive your deposit fee we confirm your place in IberCup.
- November 1: Final date for registrations. If the maximum enrollment of teams is reached before that date, registrations will close before the scheduled date.
- 90 days before the tournament 70% of the accommodation fee/participation fee for all participants with or without accommodation must be paid.
- 45 days before the tournament Full payment of all services. Both leaders and players pay this fee. You can cancel players until 90 days before the tournament, after that a doctors certificate is required.
- 30 days before the tournament: Final date to send the players list. After this date we will charge extra R$ 30,00 per player.
- 30 days before the tournament:: Final date to send the rooming list. After this date we will charge extra R$ 60,00 per person.
- December 30: Match schedule is posted.
- January 14: Arrival day, no matches played.
- January 15: The matches begin, Opening Ceremony.
- January 17: Leaders Match.
- January 19: Playoff Stage. Playoff B Finals.
- January 20: Playoff A Finals - Closing Ceremony.
- In case, of unforeseen circumstances, Ibercup Organization reserves the right to be able to change above mentioned dates.
The IberCard is included in the Accommodation package for all participants. Gives free access to Opening Ceremony.
The winners of each category Playoof A will have special conditions for IberCup Cascais 2019 ²
¹ Valid only for the champion of each category. The champion team will have special conditions for the same number of entries in the registration form. The prize is non-transferable. You will only be allowed to change the registration form, if you present a medical certificate and after analysis of the organization. If the team wishes to contract additional packages, you should consult the price table corresponding to the tournament. Extras not included: Flights, Airport Transfers and Extra Transfers (leisure).
²IberCup Cascais 2019 - the champion team will be entitled to accommodation in school, full board meals, local transfers during the tournament upon fulfillment of the conditions¹.