1 - Rules
- 1.1 - IberCup will be played in accordance with applicable sections of the FIFA rules. In questions of interpretations of FIFA rules, the English text applies.
- 1.2 - The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools, we also allow teams affiliated with their school football association.
- 1.3 - The teams are divided into groups of four or five where all the teams will meet in a round robin series. The order among the teams will be decided according to points. Three points will be awarded for a win, one point for a draw and 0 points for a loss.
- 1.4 - If two or more teams have the same number of points, the order will be decided as follows:
1. Goal difference.
2. The highest number of goals scored.
3. Results of the match(es) between teams with equal points (Head-to-head).
4. Penalty kick contest according to FIFA rules.
On 11v11 matches only the players that finish the match on the field are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
On 7v7 matches all the players are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
- 1.5 - The participation in the Playoff stage is determinate by the following rules (This point may be adapted prior the tournament according to the final number of teams per group and per category):
- 1.5.1 - In category Cat Z and A, the two (2) best teams in each group will advance to Playoff Gold. The third and fourth position in the group will advance to the Playoff Silver. The other teams will advance to the Playoff Bronze.
- 1.5.2 - In category Cat B, C, D and E, the best team in each group will advance to the Super Group Gold. The second and third position in the group will advance to the Playoff Silver. The other teams will advance to the Playoff Bronze.
- 1.5.3 - In category Cat P, the two (2) best teams in each group will advance to the Playoff Gold. All others teams will be deleted.
- 1.5.4 - The previous point can be adapted before the tournament according to the final number of teams per group and per category.
- 1.6 - In category Cat A, all the matches of "Playoff" will be decided by direct elimination.
- All Playoff matches will be decided by the IberCup system, i.e. by direct elimination.
- 1.7 - A draw in the playoff will be decided by penalty kicks according to FIFA rules.
- 1.7.1 - On 11v11 matches only the players that finish the match on the field are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
- 1.7.2 - On 7v7 matches all the players are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
- 1.8 - In case a team is disqualified or quicks during the group stage, all the results will be modified to 0-3 in favour of the opponent.
- 1.9 - In case a team is disqualified or quits during the playoff stage (valid only for the first playoff match), the next best qualify team of the same group will take his place.
- 1.10 - If the result a playoff match has to be decided in penalty kicks, the teams may go to a kick-out box.
- 1.11 - In categories C, D and E the Super Group Gold phase begins with the participation of teams divided into groups of three, four or five, where all teams play in a round robin system (all the teams play against each other one time). The classification of the teams will be determined according to the previous points. Three points are awarded for one win, one point for the draw and zero points for a defeat, applying the tie factors mentioned previously in point 1.4 .
- 1.12 - In category C the two (2) best teams in each group will advance to the 1/2 finals of the Gold Playoff. The other teams will be eliminated.
- 1.13 - In category D the best team of each Super Gold Group advances to the 1/2 finals of the Gold Playoff. The other teams will be eliminated.
- 1.14 - In category E the two (2) best teams in each group will advance to the 1/4 finals of the Gold Playoff. The other teams will be eliminated.
2 - Age Classes
- Cat Z - Born in 2012 (futebol 7)
- Cat A - Born in 2011 (futebol 7)
- Cat B - Born in 2010 (futebol 7)
- Cat C - Born in 2009 (futebol 7)
- Cat D - Born in 2008 (futebol 7)
- Cat E - Born in 2007 (Soccer 11)
- Cat P - Born in 2007 (Soccer 7)
3 - Players
- 3.1 - Boys Cat E - The maximum number of players per team is 26 and the minimum is 16 players. Maximum 4 leaders, minimum 2 leaders per team.
- 3.2 - Boys Cat Z, Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D and Cat P - The maximum number of players per team is 14 and a minimum is 10 players. Maximum 3 leaders, minimum 2 leaders per team.
- 3.3 - All players must be able to show proof of age and identity.
- 3.4 - We recommend that all players use the same shirt number throughout the tournament.
- 3.5 - On 11v11 competitions, no team may use more than 22 players in a match.
- 3.6 - On 7v7 competitions, no team may use more than 14 players in a match.
- 3.7 - For substitutions, players must follow the following rules:
- 3.7.1 - A substituted player may reenter in the match.
- 3.7.2 - Substitution can be done without stopping the game. The referee may stop the game if he/she understands it may be a numerical superiority situation.
- 3.7.3 - The substitutions must be made within the technical area of the team or, if there is not a defined area, on the center line of the field.
- 3.7.4 - The player can only enter the field when his team-mate is out of legal playing area and after the referee permission.
- 3.7.5 - Incorrect substitutions will be punished with yellow card.
- 3.7.6 - Notice that the game has to be stopped and the referee has to be informed by substitution of a goalkeeper.
- 3.8 - A player may represent the same club in various age groups, but the player may not represent different teams in the same age group.
- 3.8.1 - If a player represents a club in several age classes, the player must be included on the list of participants for all teams this player will be playing with.
4 - Playing Period
- 4.1 - Boys Cat E
- Qualifying Rounds, Playoff Gold, Silver and Bronze - 2 x 25 min.
- 4.2 -Boys Cat Z, Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D.
- Qualifying Rounds, Playoff Gold, Silver and Bronze - 2 x 20 min.
- 4.3 - 2 min Half-Time - All the matches in all the age categories.
- 4.4 - In case of a draw in Playoffs the match will be decided by penalties according to FIFA’s regulations.
5 - Match Details
- 5.1 - Team list:
- 5.1.1 - It is mandatory for team leaders to have their roosters at every game.
- 5.1.2 - The team rooster must include all the players registered in the tournament.
- 5.1.3 - The team leader must confirm the numbers on the rooster for the game available on the mobile app, which is in the possession of the field official, before the game begins to avoid any error with match incidences.
- 5.1.4 - The number on the players jerseys must be the same as the player number on the rooster on the app.
- 5.1.5 - The number each player has on the team list must be the same as the number on the shirt.
- 188.8.131.52 - If for some reason the players change their jersey numbers between matches, please inform the field marshal before the match starts to avoid mistakes with cards, goals and by consequence the ranking system.
- 5.1.6 - All players that are on the rooster on the app are considered to be participating in the game.
- 5.1.7 - Random controls of team lists and Participants lists will be carried out.
- 5.2 - Players uniforms:
- 5.2.1 - Numbers on jerseys is MANDATORY.
- 5.2.2 - The players numbers on the team list must be the same on the players jersey.
- 5.2.3 - All team jerseys must be numbered and the numbers must correspond to the numbers on the team list.
- 5.2.4 - Numbers must be on the back of the jerseys.
- 5.2.5 - Two players cannot use the same number in any given match.
- 5.2.6 - No player can change his or her number during the game.
- 184.108.40.206 - The fail to comply with this rule will penalize the player with a yellow card and he will have to exit the field to get a proper jersey.
- 220.127.116.11 - The player can only re-enter the match when he or she is properly dressed and with the referee's consent.
- 5.2.7 - If teams have the same jersey colour, the team that appears first in the match program has to change jersey.
- 5.2.8 - The use of shinguard is mandatory in all games.
- 5.2.9 - The use of aluminium studs is only allowed for goalkeepers of 11-a-side categories (11vs11). All other players are forbidden from using this type of football boots.
- 5.3 - Before and after the match:
- 5.3.1 - All teams should be ready at the field no later than 15 minutes before kick-off with valid documents for the age control.
- 5.3.2 - The team manager must make sure that his players are adequately insured.
- 5.3.3 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 18.104.22.168 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 22.214.171.124 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
- 5.3.4 - Every responsible team officials (coach) must immediately after the match "sign" the match by using their PIN on the field marshals app control. Failure to sign may result in a notification from the IberCup jury.
- 5.4 - Balls:
- 5.4.1 - All matches are played using balls of size 4, except for Cat E who use size 5.
6 - Team Roster - Age Control
- 6.1 - Age control of players will be accomplished through the following procedures:
- 6.1.1 - All teams must have with them at all games, the valid identification of the players and the rooster.
- 6.1.2 - Each player should already have their identification bracelet around their wrist before the age control takes place on the field.
- 6.1.3 - This control is done in person before the start of the game, through the rooster and with the presentation of a valid identification document.
- 6.1.4 - Age-control will be done randomly and at any moment.
- 6.1.5 - Each player should already have their identification bracelet around their wrist for age control.
- 6.1.6 - O responsável da equipa deve confirmar os números na lista dos jogadores para o jogo na app móvel na posse do responsável de campo, antes do jogo começar para evitar qualquer erro sobre as incidências da partida. - repete o regulation nº 5.1.3
- 6.2 - Valid Documentar are:
- 6.2.1 - For the foreign teams we only accept the identification of players possessing a valid identification (legal card of a governmental and plastified). This card must have the full name, photograph, identification number and date of birth. This document must always be present with the player's passport. Players traveling from countries where there is no requirement to present a passport to enter Brazil, the organization will only need a valid identification card (legal card from a government and plastified).
- 6.3 - All teams must be prepared to start the game at least 30 minutes before the start of the game. This period will be used to confirm the age of the players with the IberCup officials.
- 6.4 - Teams that do not present the rooster 15 minutes before the start of the game may be assigned a no-show and the final result will be 0-3 in favor of the opposing team.
- 6.5 - Teams that present players that are not on the registration form and rooster could be excluded from the tournament.
- 6.5.1 - For brazilian teams we accept a football card from a football association or RG.
- 6.5.2 - For foreign teams we only accept a valid ID (card from a home government institution) and passport. Documents must have full name, photo, valid identification number.
- 6.6 - All teams must be prepared to start the game at least 30 minutes before the start of the game. This period will serve to confirm the age of the players with IberCup officials.
- 6.7 - Teams that do not display the match sheet 15 minutes before the start of the match are awarded a 0-3 loss to the opponent due to a no-show.
- 6.8 - Teams featuring players not listed in the entry form may be excluded from the tournament.
- 6.9 - If the same club competes with two teams in the same category, the players of those teams can NOT change teams.
- 6.10 - If a player plays for another team in another category of the same club in the tournament, the team where that player isn't registered will be penalized with a no-show and the final result will be 0-3 in favor of the opposing team.
- 6.11 - Bracelets:
- 6.11.1 - After accreditation, all players must use the identification bracelet with the QR code around their wrist.
- 6.11.2 - The bracelet is personal and non-transferrable
- 6.11.2 - The bracelete associated with each play corresponds with their profile during the tournament. It was designed with the intent of:
- Random age control during the matches;
- Meal control;
- IberCup Social Network;
- Entrance Control;
- Payments Cashless.
- 6.11.3 - Identification bracelet MUST be used during the whole tournament.
- 6.11.4 - If any player loses their bracelet, they will need to go to the tournament office to perform an age control before the next game is played.
- 6.11.5 - The player WILL NOT be authorized to participate in the following game without an identification bracelet.
- 6.11.6 - The player WILL NOT be authorized to access the meal centre without an identification bracelet.
- 6.11.7 - The bracelet is personal and non-transferrable.
7 - Dispensations
- 7.1 - Dispensations will automatically be given to two (2) players per squad who are maximum one (1) year over aged - This dispensation only applies to 11v11 categories.
- 7.2 - Note that you cannot use more over-aged players by switching them between matches.
- 7.3 - For 7v7, no dispensation will automatically be accepted.
- 7.4 - Dispensations for 7v7 teams may be applied by contacting the IberCup office.
- 7.5 - For 7v7 automatically two female players are accepted 1 year overaged.
8 - 7v7 Rules
- 8.1 - Classes Boys Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and Cat D play 7v7 (one goalkeeper and 6 players).
- 8.2 - The offside rule does not apply on the Cat A, Cat B and Cat C categories.
- 8.2.1 - The offside rule applies to the Cat D category but only between the goal line and the edge of the penalty box.
- 8.3 - It is not allowed to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she picks up the ball with the hands.
- 8.4 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimits the goal area.
- 8.4.1 - Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play - the ball has been kicked out of the penalty area.
- 8.4.2 - The ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area.
- 8.4.3 - If the kicker fails to kick the ball out of the area, the kick is retaken.
- 8.4.4 - Team-mates may stand inside the area but cannot touch the ball until it has left the area.
- 8.5 - If a player gets a red card the team can replace this player for another.
- 8.5.1 - The player that gets the red card may be penalized with a suspension of 1 match depending on the referee's interpretation.
- 8.6 - On 7v7 matches all the players are authorized to participate in the penalty kicks decision.
9 - Match Fields
- 9.1 - All the playing fields are grass or artificial turf.
- 9.2 - The fields have been divided into the following areas: Soccer Complex Eldorado and SESC.
- 9.3 - In case of bad weather conditions matches may be decided by penalty kicks or drawing of lots.
10 - Match Program
- 10.1 - The organization committee has the right to change the groups, times and fields, until the 1st day of the competition.
- 10.2 - The organization committee also has the right to change matches, times and fields, during the competition.
- 10.3 - In case of any changes team leaders will be promptly informed.
- 11.1 - All referees are members of the Football Association in their countries.
- 11.2 - All matches in the 11v11 competitions have assistant referees.
- 11.3 - All matches in the 7v7 competitions have 1 referee.
- 11.3.1 - For the semifinals and finals of the Playoff Gold, in the U-12 category, the IberCup organization may, if possible, have two assistants in addition to the referee.
- 11.4 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the IberCup office.
12 - Tournament Jury
- 12.1 - The jury of the tournament consists of representatives from Tournaments Abroad.
- 12.2 - The jury handles protests, sanction matters, and unpredictable situations.
- 12.2.1 - All situations that occur will be analyzed always with “Fair-Play”.
- 12.3 - Tournament Jury decisions cannot be appealed. Notice that the final decision may not correspond to a FIFA rule based in Fair-Play.
- 12.4 - In the case of any claim, a deposit of R$ 350,00 must be done in the tournament office (it may be an extra tournament office in the venues).
13 - Protest and Sanctions
- 13.1 - All protests must be made in writing by the team manager and delivered to the Jury no later than 90 min after the match is finished.
- 13.2 - Protests must be delivered to the Tournament Office.
- 13.3 - A protest fee of R$ 350,00 will be paid at that time. This fee will be returned if the protest is approved.
- 13.4 - Protests that concern referees decisions will not be accepted.
- 13.5 - Cautions and Sending-Off Offences:
- 13.5.1 - Any player given a red card is automatically suspended from participation in the following match.
- 13.5.2 - The tournament jury can decide about suspension for further game(s) in case of a direct red card.
- 13.5.3 - Only if a player is suspended for more than one match, that information will be given in writing form.
- 13.5.4 - Yellow cards are not accumulated.
- 13.5.5 - If a player that is suspended plays in a match, the team with the suspended player loses automatically the match with 0-3.
- 13.5.6 - Severe offences will be reported to the FA of the nation concerned.
14 - Walk Over
- 14.1 - If a team fails to appear for a match, without a valid reason, can be declared loser by 0-3, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.2 - If a team fails to appear on time due to transport reasons caused by traffic or other, the jury can decide to delay the match (máx 10 min) in case there are venues available until the teams arrive or reschedule the match for another time in the same day.
- 14.3 - If a team repeatedly fails to appear at the games, the team may be excluded from the tournament.
- 14.3.1 - In special cases, the tournament jury may decide to exclude a team at the first offense, if it finds deliberate to self-benefit or is unfair to another team in the group.
- 14.4 - If a match is interrupted for some reason and can’t be played to the end, the jury will decide over these 5 alternatives:
- 14.4.1 - If the match will be replayed from the beginning.
- 14.4.2 - If the match restarts from the minute when it was interrupted.
- 14.4.3 - If the result will be fixed as the final result.
- 14.4.4 - If one of the teams won 3-0.
- 14.4.5 - If both teams lose 0-3.
- 14.5 - If a team fails to appear for the last group match, without a valid reason in their own benefit, can be excluded or relegated to Playoff Silver or Bronze, after a decision by the jury.
15 - Standards of Conduct
- 15.1 - Team leaders as indicated on the participants’ roster, are responsible for the conduct from their players in case of damage caused in sport facilities, dressing rooms, hotels, transportation or other facilities.
- 15.2 - In case of damage the team leader should immediately contact the organization staff .
- 15.3 - In case of doubt in the interpretation of the regulations of the tournament, Team leader should contact directly the organization staff .
- 15.4 - Quiet time must be respected in the accommodations between 11:00pm and 8:00am.
- 15.5 - The meals timetables must be respected. Teams can miss a meal if they do not adhere to the meal timetables. In case of match delay or some transport delay, Team leader should inform the organization or the accommodation directly of this situation.
- 15.6 - It is prohibited to travel in transportation without T-shirt.
- 15.7 - Failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with by the tournament organization and may result in exclusion from the tournament and accommodations.
16 - Insurance and Responsability
- 16.1 - Each player must have a medical insurance (related to his Federation, in case the tournament is the season, or a private one).
- 16.2 - Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field.
- 16.3 - IberCup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property and does not accept responsibility in any way for accidents, injuries, or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.
- 16.4 - Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Brazil must have personal medical insurance.
17 - Permissions to Participate in IberCup
- 17.1 - All foreign teams should request to their football federations to send an authorization letter to IberCup (firstname.lastname@example.org) so they can take part in the tournament. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club.
18 - Water for the matches
- 18.1 - All teams will have water available for the games however this water will can only be withdrawan with a cup. Please bring a cup or buy one from IberCup merchandising.
- 18.2 - The organization recommends to buy bottled water, especially for babies.
- 18.3 - You can always buy some bottled water on site.
19 - Changing rooms
- 19.1 - Teams must leave the accommodation already equipped for the match.
- 19.2 - Some football facilities may have changing rooms but some are to small and due to the number of teams, your team may not get a place to change.
- 19.3 - This rule also applies to the local teams.
20 - Bath and Showers After the Matches
- 20.1 - Teams must take their shower in their own accommodation after they return from the match.
21 - Parents and Supporters Conduct
- 21.1 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct.
- 21.2 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 21.3 - The teams can be expelled from the tournament at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team.
22 - Match Balls
- 22.1 - All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5.
- 22.2 - For 7v7 all matches will use size 4.
- 22.3 - The organization will provide official match balls for the matches but the teams must bring also their own match balls.
- 22.4 - IberCup do not provide match balls for warming up before the matches.
23 - Loss or theft
- 23.1 - The organization does not assume any responsibility in case of sport equipment theft or personal belongings of participants in the accommodation, transportation or in the sporting venues.
24 - Guest Players
- 24.1 - Each team will be allowed to have guest players, who are properly registered through their National and State Association, Federation or any other affiliated organization.
- 24.2 - Players may NOT play for more than one team in the tournament.
- 24.3 - It is the responsibility of the individual athlete to join a club as a Guest Player.
- 24.4 - The tournament does not have a system to manage that for each individual.
26 - Organization
- 26.1 – Sports Travel Agency – Easy Choice organizes the IberCup.